Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My computer powers on but no video help

Default My computer powers on but no video help

Hi guys,

I just built a new gaming system for my brother using mostly parts from my old 2009 rig and I'm having issues. About 3 months ago I built a new pc and I took my upgraded 1000w psu out of my 09 rig for my new rig. However I bought a new 500w psu for my 09 rig so I could sell it to friend. I installed the new 500w psu and reinstalled windows/formatted the hdd's and the rig worked just fine, so I sold it to my friend. Few weeks later my friends brings it over because he's not getting any video signal but he claims he hasn't used it and that its been sitting in his garage. Now the whole system powers up but I get no video, I've tried everything I can think of. So he gave me back back the pc and now I'm trying to a new build for my bro.

So I thought maybe the mobo or cpu got fried so if I get a new cpu & mobo maybe it'll work. I hooked up the new cpu/mobo to the psu, connected my ram, video card and hdd's and put it all in a new case. Everything powers on and I still get no video, not even the bios. So I took out my new 3 month old hd 7850 and Ripjaw snipa ram out of my working rig and tried again, no video. So I then tried using the 10000w psu out of my working, guess what? no video.lol I even disconnected the hdd's completely hoping maybe they are bad and if I could atleast the bios, still nothing.

Are these symptoms of a bad mobo or cpu? If not, what else could be wrong? Please help, imma through the pc in front of a moving train.lol

Default Re: My computer powers on but no video help

Have you tried a different monitor?
    List your full system specs if you want us to be able to help you. From the sounds of it thats the only thing that didnt change that and the hard drives.......
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

Thread Information