Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think my pc is dead

There should be a small hole below the tray opening in the face plate, just insert a straightened paper clip and that will open the tray. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

My CD-Writer died a while ago. Then I took my pc totally apart, proc out of the socket and everything. When I put it all back together again, boom it works. Anyway does your computer recognize the drives still? Because my computer all of a sudden stopped seeing them. Make sure the power cables didnt come loose, same with the ide cables. And if your comp doesnt see them anymore try installing them again...
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

I've tried both drives in another pc. No luck at all :\

I remember a month or two ago they both weren't being picked up by the pc for a day or two, then started working magically again.

ya that's pretty muchw hat I said. I had a cd-rom drive and it started reading slowly until one day it died completey. The comptuer didn't see it. It didn't power up and and it didn't open. Nothing dead bye bye cd-rom. Then I put that one away somewhere and found it a few weeks later and it worked. But died permanetly a few days after that. Its pretty strange how certain things can do that.

Need to be chucked out the window.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

I got a same prob.. With a Intel 1Ghz cOmp.. But i belive it's a PSU prob maybe.. The Video card doesn't get started up when you turn the system on. the Monitors shows that it's working.. But it says the cable isn't plugged in.. and that's a load of BS.. but after restarting it a thousand times.. it might work.
    Brandon Cook
    Sepherum Systems
    Pentium II 333MHz
    96 MB Ram
    Geforce 4 MX 440
    (OC'ed to the max 432,723)
    (default 270,400)
    2 SCSI 4GB Hdds' w/raid

I opened that dead cd writer to get the cd out that had been stuck inside. Was a ***** to open. I managed to put it all back together and I thought i'd try the drive again to see if by a miracle it'd work again. And it does :\ powers up fine now. lol

And after I went and bought a new cd writer. Ah well the new one is a nice 40 speed writer with buffer underrun protection.

I had that same problem with a few older motherboards that i found in the garbage. I think that i narrowed it down to a bad ground. I found out that the same thing would happen No Video signal but fan on the power supply still was running it just wouldn't start. After fiddiling with it for a while found out that my Motherboard would run if it was laying out side of the case but not in it so i insulated the screw holes so the mother board did not acutualy touch the case it's self and i had not had the problem since.

:afro:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information