Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think my pc is dead

Went to turn on the pc today. Powered on but there was no video signal going to the monitor. The computer also wasn't making a lot of noise :\

I tried it with a PCI video card instead..no luck. Disconnected the hard drive, no luck their either. I've heard no beeps whatsoever to signal any problems.

I don't have a clue what it could be.

Anyone got any ideas? Its a pentium 1.3gigahertz, Intel motherboard. It's a gateway pc. If you need any information about the problem just ask

Thanks in advance for any help.

Well.......it oculd be a power supply related issue. Did you try a different powersupply if one is available?

I thought it might be a power problem..

Anyway I tried booting it up again a while ago and it worked perfectly. Weird.

Thanks for replying anyway :)

A while ago as in after you posted the problem or a while ago as in a few weeks ago or a few days ago or something.

After I posted.

my friend has a similiar problem with his computer. When he restarts it does not post. Itis do to the temp of the north bridge, at least he thinks it is. But hey, at least your comp is not dead! :thumb:

My cd writer and dvd drives died lately though :\

The dvd drives powers up and opens, but doesn't detect a cd in the drive. I heard a rattling noise so i opened the drive. the rattling comes from the motor that spins the cd. Anything I can do?

The cd writer is just completely dead..wont power up at all :(

I guess the only thing you can do is.........replace them. The motor is the main part and cannot be replaced. I guess you can repair them if you know how. As for not powering up at all? Ya that needs to be replaced too.

****....My cd writer has one of my cds still in it...lol I need to get a hex head screwdriver to open it :(

lol.........um that happened to me once. I was so pissed but then once day it just magically opened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information