Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Reboot Problems Are Crazy!!!




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Ok i just put in my old 300 watt psu...and this is what Sisoft Sandra reads in the mainboard info button

    CPU ...... 1.78v
    +3.3v ....... 3.46v
    +5v ....... 4.89v
    +12v ......... 11.73v
    -12v ....... -7.34v
    -5v ....... 0.33v no minus sign

    +5v Standby Voltage ........ 4.87v

    Battery Voltage ......... 3.12v
    <img src="http://forums.tweaktown.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=163310">

  2. #12

    Default

    Usually periphal cards don't take much power. Unless its something like a video card. Usually its the disk drives that take the power. Because the mobo is suppling power to that PCI slot whether it is used or not is your choice.

    The numbers since the old power supply went it are very similar. However have the problems ciezed?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    Usually periphal cards don't take much power. Unless its something like a video card. Usually its the disk drives that take the power. Because the mobo is suppling power to that PCI slot whether it is used or not is your choice.

    The numbers since the old power supply went it are very similar. However have the problems ciezed?
    I havent stressed it...yet...but im sure it would happen.....so far today its been ok

    I do alot of Winrar Extractions...downloads...games...so my CPU is at 50 and above percantage
    <img src="http://forums.tweaktown.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=163310">

  4. #14

    Default

    well..you could always say that it is now definitly your old power supply but you did say that it was ok today even with that new one in there.

    Did you purchase the PSU locally or online?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    well..you could always say that it is now definitly your old power supply but you did say that it was ok today even with that new one in there.

    Did you purchase the PSU locally or online?
    Online from newegg.com
    but i lost the paper/reciete (maybe misspelled)
    <img src="http://forums.tweaktown.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=163310">

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Could something be misreading the voltages...like maybe the motherboard is reading it wrong...im mean how can 2 different psu's be having the exact same voltages...could it be the motherboard ??...thanks again
    <img src="http://forums.tweaktown.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=163310">

  7. #17

    Default

    well I wouldn't know for sure but when did these problems start happening? Right after you changed PSU's?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    well I wouldn't know for sure but when did these problems start happening? Right after you changed PSU's?
    Well this reboots have been happening since my last psu....but they just came out of nowhere...could this be a bad Windows XP Install...or an SP1 problem...because programs reboot my pc...like winamp...if i use it too fast it locks up my pc...so my guess it could be anything...thats about all i know

    i will probably reinstall XP without SP1 integrated...or Windows 2000 just to see the problem...thanks again
    <img src="http://forums.tweaktown.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=163310">

  9. #19

    Default

    ya that could probably be your best solution. Try and isolate the problem to see if it is hardware or software.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    Hey FiReBLaZR have you checked for any reports to go along with these resets in the Event Viewer? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •