Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bios settings on MSI KT333 ULTRA ???

Hi again,

Well lol I now have to eat my words. My CPU now seems quite comfortable with the FSB as 133 , but if I go to run any games like Battlefield 1942 , it just cuts out when I`m due to start a level. The intro plays fine ..its the gameplay which crashes.

Thinking it was the Beta 40.72 det driver causing the prob , I uninstalled it and put in the WHQL certified driver..but no joy. The games work fine at the lower FSB of 100 , implying its a stability issue at the higher FSB than a driver problem.

What now ? I havent reset any of the voltage supplies for the CPU etc.. should I do this ?

Currently the VCORE is 1.65 , 3.3 v is running at 3.28 , the 5 volt is at 4.87 , and the 12volt is at 12.03

Thanks again , o wise ones :flames:

Gerry

Hi

One brief question too ..I see that my Geforce 4 Ti 4400 is located on IRQ 16 ..as is the OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 host controller . What exactly is the latter ? And could there be a problem there with both on the same IRQ ? ( although this would cause crashes at the lower FSB too )

Gerry

Those all look fine, so now we're up to either still a heat issue or video driver related. It would be great to see a link with a pic of your case though. Another thing is what was the actual error that time? The Event Viewer (control panel/admin tools/event viewer) logs these problems so give us a run down on what errors that's reporting. That may give me or someone else something to go on but if it was me I'd have had that straight back to where ya got it from (a PC doesn't leave here for it's owner's hands till it's completed 100hrs of torture without a hiccup). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Gee I should've been a bit slower on the post then. :(

Yes that could very well be the problem so try to get the video an IRQ to itself and it may very well only happen as you increase the FSB. :)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Hi ..or in the words of the Martians , " Oooh - La "

Ok , how do I change the IRQ settings ? Wouldnt this problem be evident at the lower FSB setting ??

Lol why do u want a pic of my miserable case ?? The mobo comes with a little prog called Cooler XP , running this at the mo gives a Cpu temp of 36 celsius , 96 fahrenheit. System temp 33 C .

Hmm the event viewer has several recent hiccups ...

7000 cannot find the file specified
    category 102 ..event 1003 ..no info from Microsoft website

Another weird thing I`ve noticed is that after some crashes , the system clock seems to reset back to about a month ago , but the mobo battery is ok as far as I know .

Lol dont get me started about getting the system back to its builder . The last time I had a problem I sent it back , he claimed he couldnt find any faults, and sent it back to me with his copy of XP installed. I of course reformatted and tried to install my own , and ever since its been a tale of woe :shoot2:

How he could get the system working at max and I cant , is a source of much frustration to me.

Also depsite being sent by courier the last time , the fan was dislodged inside the case ( lucky no damage) and the case dented. I`ve had it checked over since and its ok inside.

I now dream of the " Endless Loop " ...............................

Gerry :eek:

Ps Is Wiggo like a Yoda on here , except taller ??

Hi again,

First of all , Wiggo , bout that Yoda thing , m8 I was only joking ;-)) ..anyway , your beard is much longer ( and redder lol )

Okay , so I thought my new problem was a driver , so decided to reformat the ol hard drive and start again afresh . BIG MISTAKE !
    With the Bios settings at FSB 133 , both Win XP and Win 98 failed to install properly. Both crashed at early stages of the installation. Hmm ..this seems to bufgger up Microsoft`s dumb " device driver error " message which they seem to pump out for everything , and again suggest its a hardware setting at fault / BIOS setting.

SO.... got the processor running at FSB 100 mhz , cleanly installed and updated to the max WIN XP , did so after taking out both the Audigy soundcard , even the onboard modem , reseating the Geforce 4 card and putting the DDR ram in another slot . I cant try another GFX card with the FSB at 133 coz I dont have another !

I`m going to get only certified Nvidia drivers , then see what the sys does at 133 . If its okay , then in goes the soundcard then see what happens.

If none of this works , I`m at a loss as to what to do .

Maybe join a commune ...: peace:

Gerry ( even my celtic patience is at an end)

Hi all ,

Ok . Well the system seemed fairly stable , with the Creative card still out . Tried to play something in Windows media player to see if the GFX card was ok. Played a bit , then got a blue screen crash with the following message :

Driver IRQL not less or equal

There was a bit further down with atapi.sys in it , but didnt get it all .

Hmm . Does this point to an IRQ mismatch / conflict ? If so , how do I (1) find out my IRQ`s and (2) change them ?

Thanks for your patience ,

Gerry:bounce2:

Hi ,

Ok its 2 am. The Audigy is in , its drivers working. The system is stable with it in . Music plays fine, as do visualizations in media player of the music . But if I try to play a video clip..blam .. blue screen crash .

I`m nearly there . its something to do with the GFX card . Seems really strange to me though that I couldnt install an OS at FSB 133, yet now I have the system running at 133 with no problems .

(yawn) will leave it there for today.

Gerry

Hi ,

So I did one last tweak . I set the BIOS setting for the primary graphics adapter from PCI to AGP . And it worked . Can play video clips ok..tomorrow I`m installing Battlefield 1942, one of the most system taxing games out there . Then we`ll see !

Night all ,

Gerry

Hi ,

The system instability persists at FSB 133 . I`m at a loss now what to do. Help !

Gerry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information