Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damaged power supply?

Guess i'll start looking on ebay for a new motherboard. lol

Thanks for the help guys.

are u sure that program works correctly... unless u are getting this in the bios then something is definitly wrong since i dont think the PC would work at all with thouse values

Nah, I can't get at them in the bios.

Do you think something else could be causing the problem?

LOL! the pc is working okish now. The voltage are all reading at their normal levels.

Only thing is I think there isn't enough voltage for all the parts in the pc. Touching the back of the case seems to freeze the pc. I had this problem before, and I read that it was static electricity freezing it..something to do with lack of wattage for the pc.

Lol got to get a bigger PSU I guess. It's only freezed once in the last 6-7 hours, just when I touched the case.

If it's doin' that while ya touching the back then I'd be lookin' at the IO panel in case that is causing a short with the motherboard (this can happen). If you can remove the IO panel from the case then do so and see if that cures your problem. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeah, I checked that before and it seemed ok. I'm pretty sure the power supply isn't powerful enough for the system.

Ok but it's just usually there's more to it if touching the case there is doin' that though. If it still does it with a bigger PSU then you'd better have another look there again. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

It only randomly locks up the pc when I touch it, and it's pretty much the entire metal chassy of the case.

If your pc is plugged into a grounded outlet, static electricity should be carried to ground. If by "touching" you mean applying any pressure to the case (moving, picking up), the mobo may may be shorting to the case when something distorts.

Ok It just died a minute ago. I pulled it forward on the desk a bit and was messing about with the video card (sticking in a cable for tv out) when it locked up. Wouldn't turn off unless I held the power button in for the 4 seconds.

Should I just do a full check of the case and motherboard for shorts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information