Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Damaged power supply?

I definately think that's very wise as something is very wrong there (see previous 3 posts). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I just took the pc apart, removed the motherboard. Couldn't see any point where it would be shorting :\ put the pc back together and turned it on. Tried running Sandra and it froze

Then on the next powerup I tried putting that tv out adapter into the video card again, as this caused it to freeze before. I didnt move the case at all but putting this adapter in froze it. I remember even plugging in a speaker cable to the soundcard would freeze it before.

I haven't a clue what to do next :\

Try taking it all out and running it on a bench, to completely be sure there are no shorts - just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there (take air for an example).
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

SileNceR knows all about killing PSU's while connecting fans ay mate :P

did you try that spare PSU or even a higher rated one to see if it got rid of the stability issues..?

memory is another possibility here... maybe reseat the ram and/or swap with another stick to test that...

and do all this in the "open case" style SileNceR suggested, just to be sure
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

I tried a spare PSU..same problem. same thing with running the pc with minimal hardware (no cd rom, soundcard etc.)

I'll try the ram tomorrow, and do the open case test :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information