Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cd-Roms not recognized???

Thats a good point, why were you installing easy cd creator in the first place :no: you should of known better than that
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

This article may help, it sounds like what you are describing...and it appears to be a known issue with EZ CD Creator.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q314060

SYMPTOMS
    After you remove either compact disc (CD) recording software or other software from your computer, your computer may exhibit the following behavior:
    In My Computer, there is no access to your CD-ROMs.
    In Device Manager, the following error message appears in connection with any CD-ROM device that is part of your computer system:

The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31).
    Device Manager displays the following error message:

A driver for this device was not required, and has been disabled (Code 32 or Code 31).
    You may also receive an error Code 39 message that indicates that the driver is corrupted.

Device Manager displays the following error Code 19 message, which means that the registry returned some unknown result:

Your registry might be corrupted. (Code 19)
    You may also receive the following error message:

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Let us know if this doesn't help

Well, i have never had a problem with EzCd ...just when i installed its upgrade. I was running EzCd with out a problem until now. An the problem is already here so its too late to talk about anything on what i should or should not install. I like EzCd and i think it not a problem giver (well until now)...but i have also used nero and yes it is a bit sweeter.

GSmith thx for the link bud.:thumb:
    - Damien

G SMITH IS MY HERO...i deleted upper filters and lower filters from regedit and restarted...bingo!

Thanx man:thumb: :thumb:
    - Damien

Thats what i don't like about some programs, they change more than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by SegiY
    Thats what i don't like about some programs, they change more than they should.
    Yup, you got that right...well i have to thank you guys i didn't go the ez way (well long ass way) of reformating the bad boy.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help you've given me through out the day. :thumb: : peace2:
    - Damien

Flaco...

Glad it worked and your back in business....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information