Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: FSB 133 not 266?

hey all,
    i got all my parts in and started putting the thing together when i ran into 2 problems:
    1) the FSB is set 133, in the BIOS/CMOS i can set the CPU to "1900/133" 266 is not an option. I thought both CPU and MoBo were 266. What's up?
    2) i don't know what type/voltage of battery to use to keep CMOS settings.

MoBo - ABit AT7
    CPU - Athlon 1900
    RAM - Kingston 512MB PC2700 DDR222

please help me :confused:

266MHz won't be as that's the data rate and the motherboard goes by real MHz. AMD Athlons and Durons run at doudle data rate, meaning that 2 instructions per 1MHz (instead of the old 1 instruction per 1MHz) is being delivered so that real speed is 133MHz is multiplied by 2 to give the 266MHz Data Rate. I hope this explains it for you. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

The battery is already installed on the mobo. It's calculator style disk battery about the size of a nickel(US). It's usually near the bios chip.

OK, i get it 133 = 266. does 1 + 1 still = 2? Just joking. thanks for the clarification, Wiggo.
    BigJack, unfortunately, problem #2 still exists. no battery came with the MoBo. i can see where it's supposed to be, but the darn manual doesn't tell me what kind of battery to use. anyone out there have this board and know what i'm supposed to use?

Also, i want to thank everyone for helping me out all my questions. it seems that i have posted 100x more questions than i posted answers. i promise once i get broad band i'll do my best to contribute more.

Your local PC store should know what battery you require. ;)

generally the battery type carries the label of CR2032 which is a pretty standard button battery, should be able to find it at any PC store, tech shop, or electrical store.
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information