Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Anyone Certified???




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    I have a P.Eng certification....but my degree is in Metallurgical Engineering :D
    I guess that doesn't count
    Anyone have any questions about steel they need answered?

  2. #12

    Default

    100% self taught, i worked as a tech for short while before being picked up here as sysadmin (without calling the position that)

    i will be doing the study for certain sections of MS certs, but as most ppl that know stuff say, the cert dont mean jack. there are more people in my town that are certified for somefin, or gettin certified soon for somefin, and they know more about paint sniffing then how to hook up a PSU to a PC..

    no knowledge beats what we learn from practice, theory is great until reality hits, i learnt that in the automotive cert i did...
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Diploma comp servicing/ electronics, done CCNA course just need to do exams now. As beef said having a piece of paper means you know how to do exams, most often nothing more (specially with MS courses). i also have 4 years experience as a computer tech, the problems you guys have here i see several times a day.
    <img src="http://www.tweaktown.com/files/seti.php?email=donaldts@netspace.net.au">

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The Land of OZ!
    Posts
    674

    Default

    MCSE in NT 4.0
    A+, Network+, Server+ [I like CompTia's vendor neutral certs].

    Looking into The LPI Linux cert or perhaps the Linux+ cert from CompTia.

    I also did one IBM, one HP , and one Compaq hardware exam.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    I have to say that i am shocked by how many of you dont have certs. I would have guessed the othey way around. And I agree that knowing computers and being certified isnt the same thing; certs are only good if you looking for a job in this field. But most of you know more and understand problems better than any other tech board out there.
    You just plain kick ass! :D

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,489

    Default

    ACI Intertnationally certified In Aggregate and Concrete Testing and Inspection...guess that doesn't count either in this case...:D
    - Damien

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    ACI Intertnationally certified In Aggregate and Concrete Testing and Inspection...guess that doesn't count either in this case...:D
    i dubnno, you could come in handy if we make one of those theft proof systems, need somone to test to make sure the concrete is in right
    <img src="http://www.tweaktown.com/files/seti.php?email=donaldts@netspace.net.au">

  8. #18
    Beefy Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    I have to say that i am shocked by how many of you dont have certs. I would have guessed the othey way around. And I agree that knowing computers and being certified isnt the same thing; certs are only good if you looking for a job in this field. But most of you know more and understand problems better than any other tech board out there.
    You pretty much hit on it there. Most people get certs in order to get jobs. It's the people that actually know stuff and that have jobs that don't get certs, cos they don't need them.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller
    i dubnno, you could come in handy if we make one of those theft proof systems, need somone to test to make sure the concrete is in right
    Call me up 867-5309!!!!
    - Damien

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    Yeah just ask Bill Gates about the cert's he picked up from other ppl's garbage bins, a few big companies soon learned about paper shreadders. :laugh:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •