Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what does this error mean?

Also most hard drive manufacturers have testing software for download so you can better test the drive for errors. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

yeah, I forgot to mention that I already didi that, I used maxtor's hdd disk recertification utility. the drive is ok. Now for viruses I use system suite 4, which uses pc-cillin software and virus updates. Up to date too. :confused:
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    2x 80 GIG external drives
    Cable Modem

If your mobo supports S.M.A.R.T., it would be in the "advanced "section of the bios.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    If your mobo supports S.M.A.R.T., it would be in the "advanced "section of the bios.

It doesn't support it. You think that is the problem?

I read somewhere on the theads that there is a problem with single memory sticks. I have one single 512 mb stick.
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    Cable Modem

I don't think that is the problem, I had mentioned that in reference to all of your settings and you asked where it was. As for the memory, there are far fewer problems with 1 stick than with multiple sticks. How are you connecting to go online? Could the problem be with the nic or modem?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    I don't think that is the problem, I had mentioned that in reference to all of your settings and you asked where it was. As for the memory, there are far fewer problems with 1 stick than with multiple sticks. How are you connecting to go online? Could the problem be with the nic or modem?
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    Cable Modem

oooppsss.....sorry wrong button

the NIC is a realtek card, I don't think it is the nic cause the problem has happened before with another NIC card. I use cablemodem, so the ISP gives you a new card when you install it....I just got another file corrupted the localsettings/temporaryinternetfiles/content.ie5/2n6ji5ij/bdestrastuff_r4c1

For some reason my files are being corrupted. Why man. Please help!
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    Cable Modem

I had a similar pro a while back but whether it's the same as your's I'm not sure but download and unpack to a floppy Memtest86 then you'll have to select the floppy as your first boot device and restart with the floppy in the drive. This will flood the memory and caches with info lookin' for errors so let it run for a couple of hours and see if any errors are being reported. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I had a similar pro a while back but whether it's the same as your's I'm not sure but download and unpack to a floppy Memtest86 then you'll have to select the floppy as your first boot device and restart with the floppy in the drive. This will flood the memory and caches with info lookin' for errors so let it run for a couple of hours and see if any errors are being reported. ;)

OK, I will try it and let you guys know what comes up...thanks m8
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    Cable Modem

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo

phewww!.....OK after SEVERAL hours all test were OK. No errors found. Seems like my mem is OK.

Now I noticed that I hadn't noticed before at startup, after the bios logo shows it displays a message about "IDE cable 80 not connected" I checked the cables and seem OK. Do you guys think this has to do with the problem? Should I buy 2 new IDE cables? Is there a way to test the IDE channels?....thanks again for replies and help. Tweaktown is the greatest tech website!!!
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    Cable Modem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information