Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is it dead

Hi just been to a friends house to look at his pc.He said it crashed and couldnt do anything with it so he switched it of at the wall.When he tried to reboot he gets nothing.The fans all kick in but nothing.The strange thing is that as soon as the power is switched on at the wall the fans kick in before he press's the power swith on the front of the pc.Both the cd's draws will still open and i've tried an old harddrive but still cant get it to reboot.
    Can anybody help with a suggestion of what to try or is it dead.It is a fairly old 850mhz duron on an msi board if thats any help?.

Your friend's motherboard or CPU might be dead. I had a similar problem when I got a dead motherboard in the mail. Solved by returning it, but like you said, your friend's computer is slightly dated.

You might try removing all the cards/ram/devices and putting it back together. Worth a shot.

Moving to Incompatibilities and Issues section.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Thread Information