Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help me!!!!!

sooo.... i have to oil my fan? :confused:
    NO TIME!!

It can't hurt, that's for sure.
    Consider it basic maintenance - like changing oil in your car.

Matter of fact, just last Sunday I rebooted the system and got a terrifying racket from my front intake fan. Shut down immediately, removed the fan, peeled back the sticker, pulled out the little rubber plug and applied a generous dollop of plumber's grease.

All is quiet and smooth once again:thumb:
    guess I must've been negligent to let it proceed to the point where the fan actually made racket --- sorry, my beloved PC

I prefer to use plumber's grease because it is non-petroleum based and won't deteriorate plastics over time. Petroleum-based products such as 3in1 Oil and the like will soften plastics over time.
    Plumber's grease is used to lubricate O-rings and the like when assembling faucets and such.
    It's available from any hardware (household type hardware, not computer hardware.) store for around 89 cents (US $'s) in a small squeeze tube. One tube will last for years of regular maintenance.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

i tried opening up the computer and checking the fans, and although I didnt oil them, i'm begining to doubt that is the problem. Why? because the problem doesnt happen in half-life. Why? NOT because the game is old, because the problem happens in deus ex. so perhaps its that half life uses openGL instead of direct3d. but I've updated the drivers and switched them back to default many times.

i will post more later i have to go
    NO TIME!!

oh, wait, it does happen in half life. but only when i turn all the openGL WAY up. then it happens just as much as it does in all my other games. I think theres some kind of a threshold for how hard the computer needs to work before it starts happening

I've stumped you guys, haven't I?
    NO TIME!!

Aha! .. I have the same problem as the dude that originally posted this thread - and it's pretty much the reason I registerd with this forum - so I could get some help on this matter.

I am trying to play Conflict desert strike, but it just runs in slow-motion - it looks fantastic and everything runs great - but it's just slow ... like the matrix slow - it's kinda neat but, I just can't seem to get the ***** to just speed up! .. I have tried all of the settings over and over again - re-freakin formated, re-installed win xp etc...

I'm running
    1.4ghz 1600xp athalon m/board and chip
    nvidia geforce4 440 mx
    256 ram

please, any good advice will be much appreciated in helping myself and other fellow users who have this arsehole problem

I fixed my issues...
    I got me a new GeForce 4 TI 4200
    It's sweet gaming goodness for me now!
    WooHoo!!!!

Bustout
    Sigh, it's so lame now that my once Killer rig is just so outdated.

AMD Lamer chip
    Asus Lamer board
    So so Lame memory
    Very outdated and Lame video card
    I still like my case.
    And I do have 370GB of storage.. which I guess isn't that lame.

I think it's time to upgrade.

Now all I need is to win the lottery

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information