Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: soyo kt-400 platinum + amd tbred = crap

I have an Epox 8DRA sitting right next to me which can't even pull 150FSB with one of my 2100XP's heh. Personally, I would take the dragon of 8dra any day. Not too mention my perfomance marks. You have to admit thoes clocks are nice on the dragon. I am not terribly impressed with the nvidia chipsets.

If it can't then RMA the sucker as any company can send out a bodgey one. ;)

Have ya tried lowerin' the multiplier and puttin' it straight onto the 166MHz FSB? :?:

Provided ya memory is fast enough that is. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Btw I go though hardware more often then I change my socks. I have 7 built system in my computer lab now, and about 19 or so in parts. I like to test every piece of hardware I kan get my hands on. I happened to see this post about the soyo from someone that obviously has no idea what they were talking about. So I came to the aid of this board, which does kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    If it can't then RMA the sucker as any company can send out a bodgey one. ;)

Have ya tried lowerin' the multiplier and puttin' it straight onto the 166MHz FSB? :?:

Provided ya memory is fast enough that is. :D
    I have tried pretty much everything on the board which leaves me to the point it must be defective. My chaintech 7JNS clocks nice, but yet on the same note, does not over power the Soyo. i was honestly expecting more from the 7JNS due to the performance I seen from the 7VJL :(

whoa this thread is old! I have had my 8rda+ for quite some time now I changed it out with that crappy kt400 dragon in my machine. I responded here because i have it set to email me when replies are made.
    Anyway the 8rda+ is far and above the kt400 that i had, my kt400 wouldnt overclock my proc more that 150mhz FSB.
    Right now my 8rda has been at 166 for weeks, and without a hitch. i know i could get more out of it but my memory is DDR333 so it wouldnt really mean that much to. when i get pc3200 im going to step it up more but as of now I dont think ill ever look into another via chipset board after knowing the glory of the nforce2.

Quote Originally Posted by gdeman
    whoa this thread is old! I have had my 8rda+ for quite some time now I changed it out with that crappy kt400 dragon in my machine. I responded here because i have it set to email me when replies are made.
    Anyway the 8rda+ is far and above the kt400 that i had, my kt400 wouldnt overclock my proc more that 150mhz FSB.
    Right now my 8rda has been at 166 for weeks, and without a hitch. i know i could get more out of it but my memory is DDR333 so it wouldnt really mean that much to. when i get pc3200 im going to step it up more but as of now I dont think ill ever look into another via chipset board after knowing the glory of the nforce2.

The only response I could possibly give you with out tearing up what you typed like some jerk is... Maybe you just had a bad Dragon :) Companies kan put out a bodgey one from time to time

:thumb:

I glad that ya happy with it gdeman as I know several more who are also.

A_Tech I have 3 VIA KT333 based PC's here and have built plenty more even with the KT400 (which is only very minimally faster then the KT333) and the nForce2's are just in a totally different class again so if you ain't gettin' that from them then ya have either the need of a BIOS flash, driver upgrade or RMA. : peace2:

I really doubt you took the time to understand how to clock a system on the KT-400 chipset. I am not saying it offers insane speeds over the KT-333. But what it does do is allow you to clock your hardware a lot harder then the 333. I could really careless about the chipsets, but from what I have been noticing time and time again the KT-400's can clock hardware like a crack fiend. I think you should spend a little more time on the kt-400 before you push it aside because you think something is faster due to what you read.

Not making this personal, I just think your judgements are way off base and are founded with not enough information. This isn't a battle between kt-400 and Nvidia. This is me saying the dragon does kick some royal ass and should not be tossed aside like a Kt7a or something equally as old... You are acting like it is the work of the devil when in fact the board can clock like a mof0.

Btw Nice to meet you and I am enjoying this convo. I love to discuss hardware.

The EPoX line of KT333's do have a properly functioning AGP/PCI divider for the higher FSB's (and where the 1st along with Abit to introduce this way before others did) since the 8K3A where most other companies stumbled with it. No there's nothin' personal but some of us have been playin' around with 166MHz FSB's for sometime now (with memory speeds 200MHz+) and atm the best bang for ya buck is the nForce2. I mean why put up with an obviously ****ty mobo which gdeman had and is now "knowing the glory of the nforce2" (his words not mine) so I'm quite happy knowin' now that he's happy with the 8RDA he has now and that's all that really matters. ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information