Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: soyo kt-400 platinum + amd tbred = crap

One question thoe?

Why were you so eager to suggest that the my 8DRA was defective, but on the same token so quick to say that the Dragon sucks? I seem to be noticing bias.

While you mention bus speeds and mem speeds... 166FSB is nothing to be proud of. I would be truely upset if thats all I could get from my board. 200+ mem speeds? Mem speeds mean close to nothing. I rock my mem scores using my RAM at 388mhz using higher bus speeds vs clocking my ram at 456 running lower bus speeds. Point is, that really has no bearing on performance. Why you would bring that up, and even mention running 166FSB is very confusing to me. Kinda boggles my mind..

For comparison, what kinda scores do you get from sandra 9.31 (Mem, CPU arth, CPU MM, Cache and Mem) and 3d Mark 2001 SE? Could you plz list system specs as well?

No bias here at all but if that's what ya believe then I ain't goin' to lose sleep over it and only suggested that particular board because I use it for other ppl's PC's and own one plus the price of them here is hard to beat plus I know how these compare with the VIA chipsets (don't get me wrong here as I've long been behind them but just now they don't have a product that can compete with nVIDIA's offering). ;)

I'm sorry if ya don't like that but that's IMHO on the state of the market atm.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

If there is no Bias at all, plz explain why you were so quick to trash the dragon and to blame the epox's probs on a bad board? This totally make no logical sense and is tweaking my brain out. The only explaination that i can come up with is that your bias to the nvidia chipset... If not, why is it such a possibilty that the epox is faulty over the soyo? Do you think Epox puts out more faulty hardware then soyo? I hope that is not what you are saying, because epox 0wnz. Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts about subjects, and I totally respect yours. I am just trying to come to a better understand of why you said what you did?

Another thing I do not understand is how you can over look my clocks for example. You can not tell me they are not impressive. They are even done on a board you were so quick to trash. But anyways I am truely dieing to know why you said what you did to reach a better understand of where you are coming from.

Originally posted by A_Tech
    [B]If there is no Bias at all, plz explain why you were so quick to trash the dragon and to blame the epox's probs on a bad board?
    Umm.... plz show me exactly where I "trash the dragon" other than in ya own mind? :confused:

If ya just came here for an argument then find somewhere else to have one. :laugh:

You trashed the Soyo but not offering any other explanation gdeman's problem. You instantly suggested another board. You never once explained to him he could have gotten a faulty board as you did to me with the Epox. gdeman straight up said he is a hardware n00b, "also my xp tbred , can i just pull it out of my soyo and migrate it? or should i just buy a new one? , ive never transfered cpus before ive just gotten the mobo bundles in the past..."

Since he obviously knows nothing about overclocking or hardware, you should have informed him that he more than likely got a bad board, or he may have his settings totally gimped. Your solution to him was to purchase a new board. You offered him no techinical advice on the subject. Now there is one more hardware noob running around saying a board sux when in fact it was more than likely their own fault. You do not find it odd that he stated he couldn't even get 1 fsb out of his system? Now he thinks he must have done everything right and that the Dragon just sucks.

Why did you not suggest any of that too him? Why were you so eager to recommend an entire new board? Why did you not ask him about his settings? That is how you trashed the dragon, but offering a "grass is greener on the other side" approach. While for me you suggested an RMA. You suggested that the board is the problem. While for the dragon all you did was suggest a new board. The only downside to that is now there is just one more person out there that will unjustly call a piece of hardware trash. The total sick apart about it is, it was more than likely is fault. If it was not his fault then a faulty board.

This truely was fun and I did enjoy the convo. Its time for bed here (5:15am!) looking forward to future discussions on other topics.

Nice meeting you again,

Later

Umm... have ya heard of PM's & IMS's?

Plus have ya ever thought that this maybe the continuation of another thread from another forum here?

Im sorry sir but youre an ass. I was merely stating that the board i got was crap in itself i didnt trash the compnay of the board and you really have no right to attempt to make negative assumptions or flame me on this board. I had said that the board i got did not perform how it was advertised , and to say that i know nothing about computer hardware is insulting, I may be a novice yes i did admit that but hell, jerko, i learned alot in this past 3 months of tinkering around and trying it all out, i am actually quite proud of what ive learned and acomplished I come here for mature and intellectual converstations and instruction and i feel i dont deserve to be bashed by some holier than thou elitist thank you very much.

the fact still stands i tired the kt400 i didnt like it and sent it back for an 8rda+ which im very happy with and i have strong doubts i will choose another via type board in light of the experience i had with my first one. and this nforce2 board so far has done everything ive asked it too with 0 problems. to those who have advised me on this forum i want to say thanks I have come along way in learning how to overclock my PC .

Yes, I did think of thoes things, how ever the thread showed no eveidence of this. He started off asking for replies, and you gave him some. He responded back with questions directly to you. If the thread continued into PM's he would have more than likely responded to you in PM form. However, he did not. He continued asking in the thread, and you continued answering him in the thread. That is what was stumping me...

I never flamed you bro!
    I merely just went by what you said, and you are saying. You said you only used mobo combos which means you new. (Nothing wrong with being new, every single one of us was at one point)

I am just discussing how the lack of technical advice lead you to think that via sucks (which it did for the longest time) thats all. You say the board did not work as advertised? You had a bad board, big deal.. That doesnt mean via sux. Thats what I am saying. Infact you further support what i am saying with your last post.

My apologies for sounding embittered . but i just thought that you were putting words in my mouth i never said. I said the kt400 board i got was crap i didnt say that via sucks, i said that i was so please with the nforce2 result i had i doubted i would use another via board, this is simply because i want to stick with what i know . cant blame me for that.

and as far as me being an utter ignorant hardware "newbie" well i will tell you that that statement might have applied a few months ago but it certainly does NOT apply now. and it did not apply during the times that i was messing with that soyo board and its bios either, I did try every possible configuration toi get that thing over 150 mhz, all i was interested in really was getting it up to my memory speed. i had the right config (proper cooling good high watt ps, stable memory and a good overclockable proc) it just wouldnt do it for me, anyway all them settings on the epox worked great and i was able to get the result i wanted.

so anyway again my apology for getting a little itchy under the collar , ill let it go LOL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information