Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could I have apower problem?

WEll I just sent an email to Samtron, Hopefully they will answer my question this time. I had tried them before but got no answer....

Unfortunately I cant get another monitor to test here in my house so hopefully Samtron will get back to me asap and help me out too.

Thanks for your help and if you got any other ideas just post somehelp becasue this really is annoying!

I have the same problem from time to time, but i have a Viewsonic E70. The problem still occurs when i change monitors, vid cards, ext... I found out that it was do to power lines in the wall. The closer my monitor gets to the outlet the worse it gets. The farther away, the better... the outlet is right in the center of my desk and my desk is heavy so for now i just live with it until the day comes that i'm not feeling quite so lazy. There was also a snippet in Viewsonic's FAQ that help me determine this.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I tried moving the computer a bit away from the wall and the problem did seem to get a better, but not completely.

you could try moving it to a different part of the room if the room will alow it
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thats was what I actually tried before, not completely fixed but a bit better anyway. My appartment building is quite old and I dont know when they last fixed the wiring, maybe thats really old or something. I guess I will just have to live with the problem. Atlest the computer seems to be working fine otherwise :)

Yes Samtrons are extremely cheap monitors and I have one as well which is why I was lookin' for an external source of interference as it is a very common prob with them. ;)
    <center?:cheers:</center>

I thought that Samtrons were just Samsung models with a different name, and I thought that it would be ok becasue of the reviews I read about it they all seemd to think that it was ok but no one ever said anything about them being easily effected like this!

Well I managed to move my desk/Computer/Screen about 1.5 meters away from the corner that I had it in before and guess what...no problems anymore in 1024*768 @85hz.....must have been some sort of electronical disturbance from the power cables in that part of the room. Still get a shaking picture in 1240*1024 @60hz, but thats just probably becasue of the 60hz or??

Thanks for your help guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information