Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Athlon questions

i have posted a while back that i was thinking about upgrading to Abit KG7 mobo. Now that i am ready to buy, i tought of something.
    the mobo needs a bios flash to support athlon xp cpus, since i will go with Thoroughbred up to 2000+, which is max the mobo will support. Can i use that cpu to update bios? (underclocked or not) or do i need one of the Athlon supported (700Mhz - 1.33GHz CPUs). and than put in the xp2000+?

Hope this makes sence.

it will work fine...but it may not run at full speed until you flash the bios...btw, welcome to the A+ club
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thats what i was hoping for.
    Since the first thing i do is update the bios, running underclocked will not be a big deal for long.

thanks.

BTW 2 days after passing the a+ i went and filled out an application, and thursday had an interview, hoping to hear back fron them this week.
    If i would have know that its gonna be this good, would have got the a+ long time ago.
    Thinking about N+ during the spring break.

I've had my A+ for a while, and it has yet to get me a job...despite the fact that most have said I seemed to be a better tech than most of them had on staff atm...having learned most of my stuff in Seattle probably helped with there opinon of me in this southern town, there are quite a few people that know a hell of a lot more than I do...good luck with N+, I'm working on my CCNA at the moment

Im in middle of studying for CCNA too. But i figure that most of the stuff for N+ will be a lot easier, so i'll get it before. I figure i'll get the CCNA before next Xmas. Maybe even i can get the employer to pay for it.
    ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    Maybe even i can get the employer to pay for it.
    That would be nice...after i get a job...

A+ ?!?!
    N+ ?!?!
    KG7 ?!?!

Im liking Kane more and more.
    I got my A+ last year along with my N+ and im working on my Server+ and Securtiy+ for April/May ish - need to get up some more cash to pay for the tests. Oh, and i run a KG7-RAID. Best board i ever bought., but do the BIOS update before anything, she can be a little quirky if not properly updated. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    kane2g[/size]]
    i have posted a while back that i was thinking about upgrading to Abit KG7 mobo. Now that i am ready to buy, i tought of something.
    the mobo needs a bios flash to support athlon xp cpus, since i will go with Thoroughbred up to 2000+, which is max the mobo will support. Can i use that cpu to update bios? (underclocked or not) or do i need one of the Athlon supported (700Mhz - 1.33GHz CPUs). and than put in the xp2000+?

Hope this makes sence.
    Sometimes the underclocked CPU will work but, in some cases it won't as the extra's included on the core of the Palamino/Thoroughbred (SSE, etc) will cause the BIOS to crash so be sure to have a Thunderbird or Duron handy. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

When i upgraded to my XP1700 it worked fine but it said Athlon 4 1100MHz... so i assume a XP2000 would work fine at whatever 100MHz FSB speed it would be... oh yeah and i use mine as an example bc its the same board...:afro:

Yes but others may try it with a different brand mobo and find that it doesn't work though. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information