Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Supply Problem?

Alright, so I've got this other compute right, and lately it's been not booting. Not even turning on when you press the power button, so to get to run I have to manually turn off the switch at the back of the power supply wait a little, turn the switch back on, and then I can turn the computer on normally. It's the power supply right? Also around the same time (and still) the basically brand new (a few months) Benq 16x DVD ROM won't work. It won't read any cds, so no games can be played. This really pisses me off, but I was hoping that it's just the power supply's fault, and not that the drive is broken. Any Thoughts?
    Enermax Case 300w
    Albatron KX400-8X
    AMD 1800+ XP
    512mb PC2700 RAM
    40gb WD 7200rpm w/ 8mb cache
    Albatron GF4 Ti4200 Turbo 128mb
    Windows XP Home

make sure all the cables are seated firmly for the dvd-rom (on the mobo too) and the jumper is not set to cable select....try using a different psu and see if the other problem still exists
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

That sounds like the power supply on the old computer but check the connection to the mobo before buying a new one.The new computer is definetly something to do with the drive.It could be the driver not being installed propaly,it could be the connections.power or to the mobo. Check the connections and if that doesn't work than there must be a serious problem
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

The drive is on the same computer. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
    Enermax Case 300w
    Albatron KX400-8X
    AMD 1800+ XP
    512mb PC2700 RAM
    Windows XP Home

thought so, still check all the cable connections for a snug fit and switch out the psu for one you know is good

oh ok i understand.Still check the cables and all the rest
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

yeah, I'll do that, problem is I don't have a power supply laying around, and I don't really feel like taking the one from my computer out, cause it's all tied up and stuff on the inside, the cables ya know. I'll double check the connections.
    Enermax Case 300w
    Albatron KX400-8X
    AMD 1800+ XP
    512mb PC2700 RAM
    Windows XP Home

Alright, checked out all the connections. I even saw that I had both the master and slave jumper put in, but I fixed that and there was still the problem. Let me describe what happens better. The computer recognizes the drive for what it is. And when you try to look at a cd, it spins (green light on) and doesn't read anything. Soo... Could I take out that DVD drive and check it up with my computer?
    Enermax Case 300w
    Albatron KX400-8X
    AMD 1800+ XP
    512mb PC2700 RAM
    Windows XP Home

yes, try that...take dvd out of one comp and put it in the other to see if it works...i would highly recomend putting your good psu in your bad comp, it's a little extra work, but it's worth it to find out if you have a bad psu or not...fixing a comp is often trial and error, removing and replacing parts until you find the problem

Yeah, I know, just wish I'd had this prob before I finished putting the my new computer together. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it turns out I guess. I'll reply to this post.
    Enermax Case 300w
    Albatron KX400-8X
    AMD 1800+ XP
    512mb PC2700 RAM
    Windows XP Home

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information