Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help breathing new life into dead PC

Heres the specs:

Intel Pentium - 100MHz
    Motherboard = AT / ?
    32MB EDO RAM (4 sticks)
    Trident Video Card
    Soundblaster AWE16

Yup shes an antique and would make a good free router (linux). Anyway , I thought my problem lay in the old yellowish power supply so I picked one up (free and brand new , pulled from an old Dell). Well still no go though it seems that that was also a problem because before the HD didn't spin up , now it does.

What happends when I turn it on is , the drive spins up , I get a the green power light , the red restart light on the front constantly on , and the same with the Floppy light (all front lights are solid on). I get no beep , no BIOS , just blackness. I checked the battery with a meter thinking its dead being so old but its still tickin fine.

So I'm at a loss and having no test bed I thought someone might know from experiance what it could be. I'm thinking it's either the motherboard thats died or the old Pentium Processor has kicked the bucket. Would the lights come on though if the motherboard was dead , because to me that shows there is juice running through it.

Thoughts ?

AMD Thunderbird AXIA 1000MHz @ 1400MHz
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    Globalwin FOP-38 w/Delta
    1024MB PC2100 DDR (2-2-2)
    Leadtek Geforce 3 TD - 210/500
    Soundblaster Live!
    Plextor 16x10x40x
    20GB WD 7200RPM ATA66
    40GB WD 7200RPM ATA133
    60GB Maxtor 7200RPM ATA100
    Enlight Case / 17" Hansol Monitor

Check allyour IDE cables and floppy connections, i had this exact problem with an old AMD k6/200mhz system,

IT sounds like your mobo's gone mate:cheers:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Thread Information