Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Delayed start-up

Hi All. I have an Asus P4T-E M/B with a P4 2.6 cpu and 512 Mb of RDRam running XP home edition. I recently upgraded my Geforce 3 Ti500 to the Hercules Radeon 9700 pro. Now on restart I have a delay with the curser flashing under the "A" of the line - "Award plug and play Bios Extension V1.0A". This delay can last anything from 20 seconds to 6 minutes, but eventually it will always continue and boot succesfully. Everything works fine, programs and benchmarks run well and there are no other apparent prob's. Everything is seated correctly (or apparently so). Has anyone seen this kind of thing before or anyone with any ideas at all as to what may be the problem (if any) ?.
    Thanks

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to remove the nVidia card before you made the switch to an ATI based one? There are all kinds of documented glitches that can occur when these two sets of drivers have internal fights.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

What Darth means is did ya remove the Geforce 3 Ti500 in the Device Manager and remove any related software in the Add/Remove Programs before shuttin' down and doin' the card swap? If ya didn't then ya got drivers for both cards tryin' to load and this is very likely what ya prob is. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks for the replies. Yes, all remains of the Nvidia drivers were removed. I have also tried doing a full format and re-install. Maybe it is a bios issue, although I have tried both the latest official 1 from asus and the latest beta.
    Thanks

Thread Information