Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Was 32MB now 16MB hmmmm!

Hi I recently overclocked my geforce 2 gts 32mb using rivatuner. I was using the driver side overclocking method but decided to switch to low level as I eard it gives better performance. I was running at 220/408 when suddenly my benchmarking program crashed saying that my graphics card was out of memory (3D MArk2001)
    Now when I check the memory value in the display properties rivatuner or any other program it says that i only have 16mb, has my card burnt out some of my memory chips ? or could there be something else causing it?

Asus A7N8X athlon xp 2100+ (latest drivers)
    512mb DDR 2700
    Asus Geforce 2 GTS Nvidia 41.09 drivers
    Windows XP (Service pack 1a)

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like ya've certainly done so. :cry:

awwwwwwwwwww wigg dont say that, isn't there anything that I can do? anything?
    : peace2:

Well it's like this, I've a few cards like that in a few old Pentium "hobby" cases here and they still work fine (just a bit slower). It's not so much that the chips themselves are damage but their pipeline is just stuffed which is why the full half drop. Usually if a chip goes the whole card goes as most won't take a crippled pipeline but most can compensate for the loss of a whole pipeline (provided it has more than one).
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeah I figured as much, but I was wondering if anything else coulda caused it (hoped rather)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry m8 but I havn't come across anything else that could cause it but at least it ain't useless. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yes youve definetly blown one of the memory modules most likely the pipeline. The card core usually overclocks better than the memory mainly due to the fact not many cards come with cooling on their memory. Even a ram sink would help but still most cards don't have them:smokin: At least it was only a ge force 2 you can replace that card for quite a low price.:laugh:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

but how does it still work if somethings blown i wud of thought the whole thing wud go if something blew. aint that a bit strange

Thread Information