Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF happend last 4 days to tweaktown?

about 4 days ago I went to this site and it said that the bandwidth limit was reached for this site and some 409 error.What happend? you guys get dos attacked or something?:?:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Not that we know of, we reached a set bandwidth limit with has now been disabled.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

how much bandwidth were you using?
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

It hit around 400gb for the month.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

So the limit is cumulative for the Month? It's not some instantaneous measurement of use? Like kilowatthours?

It is cumulative since most hosts provide a set maximum number of Gigabytes that it will allow a site to utilize. Our host set that number to 400GB since they didn't think that we would hit that number, thus allowing for what would normally be unlimited bandwidth. It is a setting in the primary host server package, but it has now been completely disabled so we won't have this happen again.

Just a small growing pain since we have just recently moved to this host for TweakTown. If this is the worst that happens, then I'll call it good. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

how many people have to be on your site untill its hits 400 gb a sec bandwidth? or is that 400 gb of total data transmission over one month:?:

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    It is cumulative since most hosts provide a set maximum number of Gigabytes that it will allow a site to utilize.
    I don't think it would be possible for a site to maintain anywhere close to 400GB/sec bandwidth unless they had a full fledged backbone at their disposal. Even our network we have set up at work doesn't get this speed and it runs off a dual fiber optics cable.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

you mean this site has 400 gb of info on it?

I'd like to point out, that with the discomfort of the site being down, the forum was still available.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/

The conversations were a bit sparse at times, as many didn't realize they could still drop in here during the painful event.

So while the articles were unavailable, we were able to gather for a bit of mutual support and group therapy:laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information