Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Faulty Processors

Today, I was in my buddy house and i see he is building a comp. Its his own comp just replacing CPU, MOBO and Memory. When he starts the bad boy up...no post...so we try another processor...a 1500+ (previous was a 2200+) and nothing...so i notice the 2200+ has a dark spot seemed burnt to me...

So to help him out i told him to try the processors at myhouse on my comp. I take out my 2000+ and pop in the 2200+...no post...hmmm....so i try the 1500+...and nothing no post. Crap i guess they are both fried.. then i pop in the 2000+ (which i know works fine) and then no post with that.

My question now is....does a faulty CPU cauz faliure on MOBO? I have Cleared CMOS and nothing...man this has left me clueless...i am using my old p3 right now and sucks.

Any one have any thoughts on this... I appreciate and comments...Thank You:)
    - Damien

The mobo may be shortin' the CPU's out. :eek:

It's all interconnected man:eek:
    I've heard of such things before. Your heart was in the right place, lending a hand and all - but you took it in the seat that time.

No telling how extensive the damage is at this time, but hopefully a mobo is all you have lost - possibly someone knowing more might be able to fix it?? But simpler and maybe cheaper to get another.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

That is what i am hoping for Mr.C...and ty all...but i think my ABIT KX7-333R is DEAD...one of the best mobo i have ever used. Guess...i am getting a nfroce 2...and use the regular 40 gigs as master and slave...:( ...since the lack of IDE raid controllers on Nforce 2 forces me to...sux..that is really the only draw back in having to get a MOBO...no raid...

First time ...a see a CPU shorting a mobo..i mean i hear my HArddrives spinning...and my cd roms flicker but not one f**king post...nothing...

I didn't know this could have happen (obviously) ...you guys still think its the mobo with cd roms and hard drives spinning...
    - Damien

just a thought, but when changing procesors did you unplug the PSU from the wall???

Also try connecting only 1 drive and vid card, see if it posts.
    \
    If all else fails, you could get a BIOS reader card.

goodluck

Thanks ...ya we ahve tried everyhing kane...i think i am gonna go for the nforce2..
    - Damien

well if you get the 8rda+, it comes with a BIOS error reader built in, so next time you'll know. If there is next time.
    I hope you didnt mess up the CPU and mobo! :cry:
    :tears:

I recently tried putting a Tbred in a mobo that did not support it. It wouldn't even post. So I put the original cpu in (that had worked shortly before) and it wouldn't post either. I tried clearing the cmos with the jumper - no good. Pulled the battery out for 15min. Now it would partially post, then hang. Tried cold booting several times, finally posted. Flashed the bios with latest revision. Works again. Mysterious!

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    well if you get the 8rda+, it comes with a BIOS error reader built in, so next time you'll know. If there is next time.
    I hope you didnt mess up the CPU and mobo! :cry:
    :tears:
    That is just the + or does the regular 8RDA come with it as well...?

BlackJack i might take out the lithum battery out and see whats going...sounds like you explained my problem...and seems like it the same situation. Thx. Never thought about the battery.
    - Damien

That would be most sweet if a flash took care of it:)

Good luck FLaCo:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information