Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn Creative, Damn them to hell!!!

Oh well, i'm going to get me an Audigy2 card for my next machine anyway.. can't really say those cards give ya bad sound now can you.. :thumb:

:cheers:

well before I dig my hole any deeper I llike creative....however I don't think its them ,cause I never had any problems with their modems. It must be the motherboard's on board sound that will start conflicing with any other sound card or programs that like raising hell with my computer. I thinks its more that than anything else , cause I know that certain programs will, what seems like, on purposely corrupt and then when you uninstall them they kill everything else.

But zoom is really good, my external usb modem rocks! It also came with a good software bundle, zonealarm, ie 5.0, za pro, photoshop, and other programs.
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Oh well, i'm going to get me an Audigy2 card for my next machine anyway.. can't really say those cards give ya bad sound now can you.. :thumb:

:cheers:
    Nope, never did I say it was bad sound -- just decent sound at a high price.
    If it is sound quality you are after, cut your expenditure and get a Turtle Beach -- great sound, less money.

Personally, I went the Hercules route. Real nice sound, and some features that I truly enjoy.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

yeah so did i - for fear of compatibility problems with my kt133 system i went to hercules for sound over creative - great choice, sorta, there just happens to be a compatibility issue with the GTXP so specific that i happen to fit it perfectly - game theatre dont like bein in a system with HPT370 controller and either the latest bios or drive for the chipset, which, i had update the firmware for it so i had the prob - all it results in is ****ty sound music for wotever reason...anyhoo i got over that and threw it on my movie PC

enuff about that - the probs described here with that system - i prolly wouldnt directly blame creative - it will most likely be IRQ setup/lack of resources be it either lack of IRQs or lack of memory/balls to do what u want - is it a winmodem by chance (being that it relies on cpu for processing)?
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

I usually have a lot of luck with Creative 128's. The other day I installed one in a KT133 with the current drivers. I had a half dozen problems until I downloaded an older set too. I guess they are not testing newer drivers on older hardware (typical tho).

Ive usewd multiple creative products, Modems, sound cards, speakers, and ive had all good luck with them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information