Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Hp 9500

OK today i decided it was time to upgrade to windows xp on my other computer... well any way every thing seems to be working fine except that i cannot install any drivers for my HP9500+ cd burner, when i install the original cd i get some error that the software does not support it and if i try to install Adaptec Easy CD Creator Platinum 5 i get some error that the drive is not supported. it worked fine in 98se any one know what can be messed up here???

I'd check for updated drivers at HP's site.
    They should have some there that fix you right up. Record Now version 3.5 is the latest I believe:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

well u see there is a problem with the driver and that is what im looking for... and HP's crapppy site has nothing of intrest or use on it, i cant even start up the record now since it gives me some windows errors and says there is something wrong with the driver, even Direct cd 3 does not work, when i try to install any thing i ussually get this message

Just download the RecordNow 3.5 and install it.
    Forget about the driver disc that came with the drive, it's old news. The RecordNow 3.5 installation file is an executable, double-click the file after downloading, and it will put the drivers in place.
    Get it at;
    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...0XP&sw_lang=en

It's the second item on the list there;
    RecordNow CD Mastering Software -- 5.78Mb

I tried the DLA software too, but I don't care for it personally -- it's an add-on component, if you want to give it a whirl. Proprietary garbage in my opinion:(

Works fine in Windows98 too.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

thanks that worked after i did a clean install of XP over again cause there was some major trouble when i installed Sb live... this involved a 99% cpu usage at idle after the installation of drivers its solved now

Not your week for drivers, huh?
    Glad to hear it's coming together now!
    :thumb:

Thread Information