Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NO VIDEO, Whats wrong?

I just put my new system together but I can't get a display. I know the video card works becuase I tested it in a different system. My keyboard does not light up either when the system is powered on. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Also after I push the power button and turn the system on, I cannot shut it down using the power button. It has to be unplugged.

System specs;
    P4 2.4 ghz
    ATI 9500 pro video
    1024 mb ddr 333 2700 ram (2 sticks of 512 mb for Dual channel)
    Gygabyte GA-88SQ800 motherboard
    Maxtor 120 gb harddrive
    DVD recorder
    Skyhawk Jupiter series case
    400 watt PSU (True)

Have ya cleared the CMOS yet? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Have ya cleared the CMOS yet? :?:
    Clear the CMOS? How?

Your motherboard manual should explain this procedure required for your particular board as this varies from board to board. ;)

Your motherboard manual should explain this procedure required for your particular board as this varies from board to board. ;)
    Can I clear the CMOS without being able to get a display?

Yes as it's done by a few methods on the motherboard itself (usually a jumper but not always). ;)

And remember to pull the power cord before moving the jumper. Leave it off till you move the jumper back.

Yes as it's done by a few methods on the motherboard itself (usually a jumper but not always). ;)

I guess the way to erase the CMOS on mine is to remove the battery for for 30 seconds then put it back in and power up.
    Unfortunatly that didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?
    I'm hoping I didn't get a bad board.

I'm puzzled why my keyboard does not even light up when the power is turn on and why I can't turn the system off by pressing the switch a second time (Maybe thats normal). All the wires from the case to the motherboard seemed to match up so I think I have all that stuff right. When I hit the power switch to power up, the monitor screen will cycle to a black background but then goes right back to the monitors defualt screen as if nothing was connected to it. I know my videocard, monitor, and keyboard all work becuase I tried them on other systems, I also tried a different video card in this system just to make double sure that was not the problem.

Time to pull the mobo and test it on the bench. If it works on the bench, then it was probably shorted to the case somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    Time to pull the mobo and test it on the bench. If it works on the bench, then it was probably shorted to the case somewhere.

I tried what you suggested but the same thing happened, I think my motherboard is bad.:(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information