Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latency problem?

So placing the CAS 2.5 in slot 1 may be the answer:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Ok that's something I didn't think of. I will contact the customer and see if that solves the problem
    "Make FPS, not war"

That didn't work on the Emachines that I tried to work on. I came to the conclusion that the timings are fixed, not set by SPD on that one. I even tried 2 sticks of identical cl2.5 without the original stick.

Unfortunately I have to agree with bigjackusa. I just received a call from the customer that the pc locked up.
    :shoot3: compaq :shoot2:
    "Make FPS, not war"

there is the likelyhood that it is not the ram but from what you have told us there is an 80% chance that it is the ram.

if you can, get the chip numbers on the face of the ram and the manufacturer. The manufacturer will have the recommended settings for that ram.

call compac and order ram with the same numbers.

if you get nowhere with their 1 month experienced, level .5 tech, be insistant on talking to level 2 tech support. when the level 2 tech answers the phone insist on talking to a level 3 tech support and so on. (get the picture) in canadianese, insist on talking to someone who knows wtf they are talking about and strangely enough you will finally get someone.

be assertive without being abrasive (important) or you get nowhere.

if you get nowhere with compac, go to crucial.com web site or the equivilent in your country and order the equivalent ram.

good luck

I have used www.crucial.com many times. They are very good at matching sub standard ram from the major pc builders.

There are more timings for ram that what is listed in your bios. The bios timings have the most affect on performance which is why they are listed.

Save yourself the time/grief from my post above and get the ram from crucial.

The problem is that I am not allowed to purchase from any company due to warranty issues. But I will see if the management will cut me some slack
    "Make FPS, not war"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information