Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help Please.

Hi All. I just finished putting my new PC together. MSI 845PE Max2 FIR, P4 2.4G 533Mhz, Antec SX1040 Case. After finishing all the hardware installation, i tried to boot for the first time and it wont boot :(. Checked all the wires all the connections looks ok. Thanks for any input..

PS: When I push the power button the led comes on for a 1second then goes off, but no action from power supply.

UPDATE: There is a ATX 5V/12V Power Connector:CONN2 on my mainboard, which is used for provide power to the components on the mainboard. I had it power connector plugged in. after I unplug the connector from the board it boots up fine. Why is that connector used for then? Power to the components on the maiboard, but when i plug in connector it wont boot up.

Thanks for any input.

Check carefully to see if the mobo is shorting to the case. Those PCI slot covers can jinx you in that dept..
    Make sure the wiring is in the right place, consult an online manual if available, you'd be surprised the stuff they can get wrong/leave out. If it is printed on the mobo, that is your best bet for instructions for wiring.

If you have an ohmmeter, check the switch is good. A battery and flashlight bulb will do in a pinch.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information