Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No video ???!!!

I recently bought some new computer parts.

asus a7n8x
    Corsair XMS 1 stick 512mb DDR pc3200
    AMD xp 1800
    Leadtek geforce 4 ti4600 a250 TD Ultra MY VIVO
    Lian-Li pc-60
    enermax 350w power supply

When I turned on the computer after setting it up there was nothing on the monitor. So I tried a different monitor. Still nothing shows up. I then fooled around with the gfx card making sure it was tight. Still nothing. I don't get beep codes, the green light on motherboard is on representing the gfx card is in place correctly. I was told it was probably the motherboard any ideas guys?

BTW, I have no resources to check the parts. (ie other computers)

How about the fans in the system? When you try to boot it up, do they turn on normally and then kick off after a second or two? If so, then you could have a small short occuring somewhere between the motherboard and the chassis. To correct this, just remove the board and reinstall it again making sure that the standoff screws are centered in the holes to the mainboard before securing it in place.

Something else to check is the memory modules. Take it out, clean the leads, blow out the slots with some canned air and then make sure that you install it properly and fully into the slot. Also make sure that you are using slot #1 for the least chance of compatibility problems.

Finally, make sure that you have the processor fully seated into the socket. From there, make sure that the heatsink is installed properly and that you have a fan connector plugged into the FAN1 header on the motherboard. While not all boards require this header to be occupied, some still do so it is a simple step to help in getting the system up and running properly.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

This might be way too simple, but make sure you don't have the mouse and keyboard plugged into the wrong ports. You won't get a picture if they are not in the right place. Hopefully its not a defective video card.

well, i had this prob with a mobo, and it turned out my cpu was bad, sp i would try using your proc. in a friends system to see if it works, and if ur fans dont even spin, could be a short in your mobo, or a defective psu

Make sure that the cpu fan is plugged into the correct header. Alittle detail on the state of the machine might help too.

Onebadass

What mobo did that happen with? I've run into several examples of kb/ mouse mixed up and never saw that stop the vid from displaying. Some mobos can even detect if they're backwards and run OK anyway.

Speaking of keyboard and mouse, check the ps2 male connectors to see if a pin has been flattened.

Thread Information