Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Black lines on monitor...

I've actually had this problem for awhile since i first got my 19" monitor, but i've finally decided to do somthing about it.
    Now this problem has been occuring on all three of the computers i've used it for (100mhz, 233mhz, 2.0mhz). The problem occurs whenever there is a very bright image on the screen, like opening a completely white document these black lines appear across the screen. Usually they are not that bad, but they grow bigger as the monitor is on longer. My first thought was it had somthing to do with the voltage, so i turned it up and that got rid of somof them, but they still end up reappearing after awhile. Whats wrong?
    Huh?

What make/model monitor? Trinitron/Diamondtron? Decsribe the lines in more detail, i.e. vert/horz, location, size, how many? How did you change the voltage?

could it be a refresh rate problem? :?:
    have you checked that you are running a refresh rate of ATLEAST 75Mhz?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

*The monitor is a viewsonic
    *Right now the refresh rate is at 85 mhz(once I get my video card ill set it higher)
    *I changed the voltage via the button on the bottom of the monitor.
    * the attachment shows the lines in the diffrent stages, on the first stage they are usually slightly transparent, on second they become more visible, on third they appear more in the center of the screen and start grouping together, then on the fourth stage they become in big groups making it hard to see anything on the screen. But like i said before it only happens when there are alot of bright colors on whatever im looking at, like white or yellow.
    Huh?

imo that monitor definitely needs some tech support. take it to a service center and get it checked.
    it seems as though it is some kind of a problem with monitor itself rather than with the computers or vid cards you attach it to. may be a faulty part or something.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

i have done directx7 programming, i never saw that before. other than checking for magnetic interference, such as a sub woofer too close to the monitor, component failure is the most likely cause.

It looks like the electron gun is not scanning properly. The lines move, so it is not a phosphor problem. It's time for an RMA or a trip to the shop.

its not the monitor at all, its the videocard, ramdac fried:)

did you o/c it?:p

i had this problem on the vanta..which was clocked at 140/140 or something close to that o_0, go try a different videocard

he tried it one 3 different boxes. atleast thats what i gathered from his first post :confused:
    either he has blown three vid cards or one monitor :laugh:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Me thinks its time you took it back to the shop - if its worked on three different computers its gotta be the monitor and hopefully if they test it on one of thiers it will do the same thing and you can get your self a nice new shiny one :thumb:

ta ta

Thread Information