Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noisey Cd-Rom

I know this is going to be very unlikely but any ideas how to quiten down an extremely noise CD-R drive? Its worse than my fans and can get real bad with random cds - no idea why. Its a JustLink 48x 12x 48x. Any ideas would be grand!
    ta ta

I think it is just the nature of the drive and have heard of nothing to fix it. I have a 48X Memorex in one machine that is 3 times louder than a 56X Acer in another machine. Maybe it's cheap bearings?

Yeah i think its just a ****e drive i wouldn't recomenned anyone getting that make! Ah well on the other hand i have heard you can get little rubber washers to put inbtween the case and drive incase its something to do with that but i doubt it!
    What CD-Rs do you recommend jack?

ta ta

:wave:

I've had good luck and good performance with: Acer, Lite-on, and Samsung.

does your drive makes the case to shake and then makes a lot of noise or is it just cos of the spinning?
    if it is cos of spinning the you can use Nero DriveSpeed to control it.
    download it from here .
    if it is hitting the case and then making the noise, those rubber washers might help.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I think i will have to purchase a new one when ihave the money but itll be far down the list of other things i want to do to my comp :) Cheers for the link to nero spead ask! Im gonna check ill look out for those makes as well maybe when i by a DVD drive jack im sure they will be the same standard as the CD ROM drives!

Heres another question (it may be a stupid one as well) can CD-Rs burn CD-WR disks?

ta ta steve

Any drive that quotes 3 speeds will burn CDRW disks (do they still make CDR drives only now?). ;)

Wahay ill have to purchase some. I reckon they will come in pretty handy! Yep you can still get the old CD ROM for 15 big ones - not so sure what that is in austailian dollars though :snip:

When i roast pork my rolls royce cuts throught the rory omore, round the haystack, up your round the houses and around your scotch pegs - its great that that your a ice-cream freezer and this gay and hearty are all apples and rice!

ta ta

Yes ya can still get CDROM's but CDR-ROM's (only 2 speeds quoted, no RW capability) have disappeared to my knowledge and CDRW-ROM's have taken them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Yes ya can still get CDROM's but CDR-ROM's (only 2 speeds quoted, no RW capability) have disappeared to my knowledge and CDRW-ROM's have taken them over.
    I never thought about it but now i wonder that this thing is absolutly true.
    nice example of demand and supply :laugh:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information