Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Enable java...

Hi All. I'm having problems with websites that use Java applets, my browser wont display. I checked in Explorer->Custom setting and Java enable is checked. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank You.

If you are using WinXP, then you're finding out firsthand some of the disadvantages of the lawsuit between Sun and Microsoft. Your system lacks the Microsoft Virtual Machine. If you are running the XP operating system, let me know and I'll get you hooked up with the installation. From there, it will continue to be supported through Microsoft Updates... it just isn't installed through the XP OS.

If you're using an older Windows based OS then you should only have to hit up the Windows Update site and it will be an optional install from there.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I'm running WinXp Pro with sp1a update.

Thanks Darthtanion:thumb:

That's the reason, the SP1a, is the same that SP1, but it doesn't come with the MS JavaVirtualMachine.

I think that the JVM isn't available at MS's Site. But you can get at Sun's Site

http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html

I hope it helps...

Thanks for the help guys:thumb: :thumb:

Thread Information