Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: computer is crashing during gameplay

I just built my system, and have had video issues from the start. The latest is not only poor 3d mark 2oo1 scores (11600) but it crashes and even rebootes itself during gameplay on a regular basis. Ive tried reinstalling all the drivers, and even went as far as reformatting the disk and reinstalling windows.
    Any advice??

Athlon xp 2500 barton
    asus a7n8x
    512 mg crucial ddr 2700 ram
    430 w ps
    powercolor radeon 9700 pro

your OS?

if it is XP
    go to control panel --> system --> advanced tab
    click on settings under "Start up and recovery". now under system failure, uncheck all the the check boxes.
    now whenever you will have a error u will see a Blue Screen explaining the error. note the error down and post it here.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by Crashd A. Gain
    I just built my system, and have had video issues from the start. The latest is not only poor 3d mark 2oo1 scores (11600) but it crashes and even rebootes itself during gameplay on a regular basis. Ive tried reinstalling all the drivers, and even went as far as reformatting the disk and reinstalling windows.
    Any advice??

Athlon xp 2500 barton
    asus a7n8x
    512 mg crucial ddr 2700 ram
    430 w ps
    powercolor radeon 9700 pro

If you have eliminated your video card as the cuase and you don't have anything overclocked. I'd swap you system Ram and see if you got ahold of an unstable Ram stick. I've recently found out first hand that unstable system Ram will cuase 3D software in particular (like video games) to shut down and take you back to Windows desktop, or sometimes it will just freeze the game, or if its really unstable it'll reboot the whole system.

Check to make sure that ya current BIOS version supports the Barton core as if ya still usin' the version that came with the mobo it likely doesn't plus how's ya temps?

Well, I swapped everything from the vid card to the ram. I redid windows and all. Ultimately, I switched the mobo back to the asus a7V8XL that I replaced with the nforce, and all was good.
    I RMA'd the board, so i can try it again. But thanks everybody for your help.
    Crashed

Try dif video card and see..

This is clearly a hardware issue. If vid is not the problem then its more than likely memory. If the system runs fine when not running games then I dont believe there is a problem with the cpu.

As well I don't think of powercolor as a reputable supplier of radeon cards. In my vision I would go to ATi for radeon cards.

Thread Information