Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any compatibility problems with A7N8X and Radeon 97

I just thought to ask this just to be sure. Have you guys had ANY incompatibility problems with some 9700 Pro card manufacturer and A7N8X mobo? :?: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

I don't have that system, and I certaintly ain't an expert on these things yet, but from what I have heard no there is not any compatiblity issues. But you should definately get another opinion.

Chaos :thumb:

I havn't heard of any probs with that combo.

The only thing I will warn ya about is to use a very good quality PSU that supplies at least 200w+ across the 3.3v&5v rails (these are usually rated at 430w+ total).

I have a five month old Enermax 300W PSU...hope that gives me enough power! I donīt have any other PCI cards than the passive ISDN card...if that helps to save some energy for the 9700 Pro. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The recommended PSU for 9700 Pro is 300W!! :rolleyes:

Well if ya have probs then ya'll know why at least.

I have a TT silent purepower PSU 420 watt that I am going to put together once my provessor arrives. The guy who I was buying it from ran out, so today I ordered another one>:mad: Oh, I hate that!

Chaos: peace2:

Those new PSUīs arenīt very cheap. Where I live, the Enermax FMA 460W costs 135$ (adjustable rear fan) and 430W is 116$ (no adjustable fan).

BTW, why so many case makers include just 300W PSU to their cases?

wiggo is right about the psu. that sys you have is power hungry and you will be operating it out of range for that psu i bet. thermaltake psu's are inexpensive and good quality.

btw, that combo works well cuz it is the most popular gaming combo today.

those 300w psu's work fine in mom and pop internet comps or low end game comps but yours is using 60-80 watts over those comps at peak load. i use one of those psu's in my comp, no prob , but i would not in your comp (unless i saw the spec's on your psu).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information