Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have discovered a conflicting device!

When I mount my Nightingale Pro6 soundcard in my MSI Nforce2 machine the device manager indicates that the gameport have a conflict with another device. How do i solve this?

As you can see the option to change resources is shadowed and don't let me change it. So I thought maybe I can change the setting for the other part in the system that has a conflict with the gameport, but how da hell can I tell which the other
    conflicting part in my machine is cause the gameport is the only device in my device manager that's marked with a error code.

Btw "201-201" shouldn't that be a wider value..:?:

I also noticed that the gameport is using a driver written by Microsoft while the main soundcard driver is written by C-media, can this have something to do with my problem..:?:

You may ask yourself why i use this soundcard instead of the onboard nforce sound which also have 6 channels, well it's because this soundcard gives me proper sound in my favourite game atm, Toca Race Driver. With the onboard it just sounds terrible! I dunno why cause I use the latest drivers etc.

Since I installed this card and got this conflict I experinced two or three crashes when gaming longer than 15-20 minutes, the comp either restarts on me or freezez. This must be a result of the conflict right? But that must mean the gameport is conflicting with some part that's necessery for the systems stability.

But the fact that the option to change this value is shadowed does not make any sence to me.. :yuc:

Any tip, help or anything is greatly appriciated.. This is the forst real hardware conflict I ever experienced..:yuc: :yuc:

Just out of curiosity, do you even use the game port? If not, then you can just get rid of it (along with any possible associated stability issues). To do so just right click the title with the yellow exclamation point and choose "Uninstall".
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

The thing is that I would like to use it if possible.. But sure I will do that as a last possible solution..

:cheers:

Why are ya usin' a separate sound card when the onboard sound is very good? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    So I thought maybe I can change the setting for the other part in the system that has a conflict with the gameport, but how da hell can I tell which the other conflicting part in my machine is cause the gameport is the only device in my device manager that's marked with a error code.
    go to device manager and then change your view from "Devices by type" to "Resources by type". under Interrupt Request(IRQ) look the devices listed according to your IRQ's.
    this will tell you which device it is conflicting with.

[B]You may ask yourself why i use this soundcard instead of the onboard nforce sound which also have 6 channels, well it's because this soundcard gives me proper sound in my favourite game atm, Toca Race Driver. With the onboard it just sounds terrible! I dunno why cause I use the latest drivers etc.
    that answers your question Wiggo!

btw did you try to change IRQ's from BIOS? If you have all the IRQ's full then there will be no other option but to uninstall few devices, but if you have free IRQ's then try using them from BIOS.
    btw i don't know which OS you are using, but XP can use more than one device on same IRQ though i doubt that it can allow vid or sound card to share the IRQ with something else.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Did ya check for updated Windows drivers? :?:

latest driver still no good.. :cry:

so u came to know which device it is conflicting with?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I think that ya'll have to uninstall that sound card so that you can disable the onboard port and then reinstall the sound card again.

Since u Have onboard sound, u also fave a game port that comes with that. Do u know if U have disabled the Gameport in the BIOS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information