Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no dvd playback on winxp home..help plz

hi..just flashed my old a7a266 m/board with latest asus bios and installed a amd2400+xp cpu,a radeon 9500pro a new Caviar 120gb hd and pioneer dvr-105..all recognised on bootup and functioning well on xp home edition with sp1 installed(prev. running xp pro no sp1) UNTIL i try to play dvds with either powerdvd or media player 9..the pc just freezes..no dvd playback on the pioneer yet it plays audio cds no problem...i reinstalled my old toshiba dvd-rom but it no longer plays dvds either just audio cds..anybody any ideas plz???

as an update to this prob...my pioneer dvr-105 does indeed rip and burn exactly as it should..have to play the copies on my home dvd player...so there is some conflict/poss software..poss anything..im at a loss!...Heres a useful tool for those pioneer a05/dvr-105 users read about it here http://forum.firmware-flash.com/viewtopic.php?t=12883 but beware the fake http://forum.firmware-flash.com/viewtopic.php?t=13370 ....Now come on ppl...help me now!?

i just hope that u r not trying to play an illegal DVD.
    actually to help combat the piracy, DVD ROM Drive and DVD manufacturers started a new thing...RPC (Regional Play Control) code.
    to read more about it check this page by Pioneer. you will need acrobat reader to read the page.

RPC code is a code given to a DVD according to the region it is meant to be played in. for example RPC code 1 belongs to USA, Canada and other near by areas. now if you try to play a DVD with RPC code 1 in a drive with RPC code 2 or something else then it won't do so.

do remember that a new DVD drive initially changes its RPC code a few number of times according to the DVD you play in it (i don't remember how many times to be exact) before it locks on the last code it played.
    to read more about it and work arounds check the page by DVDTalk
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

So how would i go about makeing my DVD-ROM multi regional??:D
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

there are region free drives. a few are mentioned in the second link i posted.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

you can change three times for my sony playstation 2 DVD player (i've changed 1nce so imma look for a hack l8r) and i think its dumb...i dont know how it even stop piracy
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

after considering Ide solutions..Pio vs.Dma etc..problem solved...a straightorward software conflict between Powerdvd and WMP9..uninstalled then reinstalled Powerdvd et voila..Dvd Playback!...sometimes the best solutions are the most simple eh?:)

well said pal :thumb:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Actually, region codes are more for control than piracy. The MPA has used it since the adoption of DVDs (they wouldn't approve of the standards without it) to satisfy their control-freak attitudes. They may have different movie endings that they think are more acceptable for different cultures. They might not release a movie in all regional encodings. They have bacically decided that if you live in N. America for example, you should not be allowed to see a movie that has been customized for Asia or Europe.

makes sence:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information