Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mouse lag with XP??

Quote Originally Posted by {SPF}Pressure
    My system is as follows:

P4 1.50 GHZ
    512 ram
    Nvidia Gforce 2 mx/mx 400
    Soundblaster Live

The Problem I am having is associated with game play.
    My mouse seems to sporatically jump to make me view the ceiling or the floor .

The mouse is a microsoft optical
    If you are playing a demanding game at a high resolution it might be that your gerforce 2 MX can't feed enough data to your fast P4 fast enough. I had this problem with a P4 1.6 ghz box I built with the same graphics card. I was trying to play UT2k3 @ 1600x1200 and not only was the mouse jumping around but the movement in the game wasn't smooth.. I lowered it down to 800x600 and it got smooth as butter..

I am running at 800+600 in UT 2003 and this did help my framerates and overall game smoothness however i still get the mouse jumps. I will try to uncheck bright skins for a test . But the problem seemed to be here before i got that package. Thanks for the info all .

BTW What is a ps2 are you talking about a play station 2 pad??

i was talking about PS2 port.
    i didn't have it as a game specific problem, rather the mouse pointer used to dance at will. i changed my port from USB to PS2 and my red pad to a black one and there is no problem now :)
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

doh :-) rodger that Thanks for the help all:thumb: I think the problem may have been my mouse pad all this time.
    I tried it without pad and seems to work. The pad has got a lot of specific lines on it and is multicolored. Not completely sure yet going for the 3 hour test tonight.

THANKS AGAIN ALL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information