Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: power supply consumption

My current PC has played up on me many many times! Its very frustrating and pisses me off. I always receive a message informing me that the windows/system section is corrupt. I am using windows xp professional.

But i dont know why this happens. I receive this error probably once a month. And i have to format each time!! I Read through the Atomic PC magazine and it says if the power supply is giving out insufficient power due to too much power consumption the hdd can become corrupt and the system may crash. Do you think this may be my problem. I want to know if there is a program that tells you how much power im using from the PSU. BTW my psu is really crap . very cheap too.

It would be a good idea to give us ya full details of ya hardware setup (including PSU brand and ratings, links help a lot) plus any errors of a critical nature being shown in the Event Viewer.

Hm... the psu is non-branded. -generic. IT came with my pc case which was worth around $80. :(

Well, from the starting sound of it...the power supply could be what's really killing you here. The question also is, are you overclocked at all (which being here, I'd expect you to be)? It has been seen many times that too ambitious an overclock can lead to HDD corruption, esp. major boosts in FSB on AMD systems (people trying to reach the magic 400 FSB). Maybe, as Wiggo said, if you can give us some system stats and specs, we can figure out what's going on for you. :cheers:

Yes come on and take the hint, plus give us a proper overview on ya system.

Thread Information