Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: sharing dsl with hub

hey, i just had my dsl like a week ago and my downloading speed ish below the average downloading speed for dsl its only slow when a person ish on two computer at the same time . i was wondering is there a way to get my connection and downloading speed faster like tweaking it?
    lazy

Beefy Guest

it's only slow when two people are using it? That's because it is sharing the link, so you'll only get part of the full speed.

oh aite thanks theres another thing im trying to figure out i dont know how to get my optimum RWIN:mad: can you help me on that please!?!?!
    lazy

Hmm........ when broadband first came out there were many many tweaks everyone was swearing by. I tried them all. If you are running windows xp, just stick with the tweak guide on this site. It has lots that can help you. If you have Windows 2000 leave it alone, Windows 98 Se has some room for improvement, and if you have Windows ME, Trash it. Honestly, there is very little that will improve your speed if you already have a cleanly loaded pc. I run 2 comps on a 1meg connection and I can run at 900Kb with my windows xp comp and 900Kb with my windows 98se machine. If I run them at the same time their total speed will add up to about my 1 meg max. Good luck!
    Athlon 2000+
    epox 8kha+
    768MB crucial/micron DDR pc2100
    Pine geforce 2 AGP mx400
    SB Audigy mp3+
    20 GB Western Digital
    Creativelabs 52x CDROM
    Buslink 40x12x48 burner
    Asynchronus digital subscriber loop

Thread Information