Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: internet connection

ok i have a cable internet connection through Earthlink. and when the people came to install it the installed all this stupid software like "Earthling Mail Checker" and "Earthlink Web Browser" for some reason outlook and explorer just rnt good enough. sorry, earthlink just makes me mad...anyway, i just got a new laptop. do i need to install all this gay software to have the internet connection or can i just plug the modem in my comp, install the drivers for the modem and go online? i hope this question is in the correct subtopic...sorry if it isnt. Thanks for the help.

you don't need any of that software to connect with earthlink...just uninstall it (at least i didn't need it when i used their dial-up service....just check their web site)

and you only need drivers if you are using the usb connection... if you use the ethernet approach, you don't need to load any drivers
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

ok thanks alot, it is a USB connection so i'm gonna need drivers. will the drivers uninstall easally? i am leaving for college soon and want a clean comp, uncluttered...although as i'm typing this i may leave them so when i come home from school i can just plug it in and go online...

it wont hurt to leave the drivers on your comp...it'll just save you from installing them again later :)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Yeah, all that junk they give you is crap.
    Actually, my internet explorer says CHEZ's internet explorer - reg tweak.
    So It is ALLLLLLLLL mine. No earthlink or any other bs.
    That is why I hated being a dsl tech. The company I worked for gave out all this crappy software people didn't need and it just frustrated the hell out of the customer when it didn't work. We couldn't tell them to just delete it all or else we would get fired. So it was a real touchy situation to get them to understand they "didn't really NEED it" to run the internet connection.

It was SBC Yahoo, they suck so bad it isn't even funny. Poor poor people that don't know what they are getting into.

Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Thread Information