Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ftp Or Http With Dynamic Ip??

I want to be able to access my computer from my university in 2 months and i will bo on adsl (costs less and no U/D limits) with dynamic ip adress, is thera a way to access my computer to be able to upload and download from it?

I'll be using a router behind the modem

THX all!

you haven't given us the model of your router so we'll just have to hope or the best, if your router supports it, get an account here and set your router to update the ip automatically, read the site for more info...

Is this a free service, is it possible to get a free program to do something similar??

I plan on getting a d-link router, give me suggestions if you think something else would be better! (keep it low price, its not industrial!!)

yes, its a free service, the site links to free programs that updates their database with your current IP.

can you give me the model # of this router your getting?

D-link DI-604 ... but i saw a bad review on it...

im thinking also a affordable linksys...

didn't do much shopping, what do you recommand me for adsl and the program to update my ip with dyndns?

i honestly don't know if its good or bad, but i was asking so i could see if your router had a built in DynDNS updater program, it seems that model doesn't, no worry, you can download an appropriate one from here

look for one that is router compatable

Thx for all, man i love those forums!!!

SYX:thumb:

Thread Information