Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: !!Ineed Inits!!

After returning from an extended BBQ party somewhere in Iraq, I found my limited knowledge of comp. tweaking was even more limited now. Used to connect at 45000, up to occasionly 50000.
    Now it's often 40-43, never higher than 45000.
    I'm using Cablenut & TCP/IP Optimizer with same settings as before, same ISP, same phone#, & all that.
    Modem is different, but it SHOULD be as good, or better. Old one was USRobotic 56K/V.90 hardware style--new one is SmartLink 56K/V.92 software style. At least that's what the SL website said.
    Drivers are all updated.
    Old OS was W98SE, 500MCeleron--new one is WXP-H, Athlon 2200+.
    The final tweak on the old one to achieve the higher con. speed was with a (I think) INIT string. But I can't remember for sure, & certainly can't remember the exact string.
    Anybody got any ideas? All comments are welcome. THX in advance.

The Dog
    You Don't Know Me. I Am Not Here. I Do Not Exist. (Witness Protection)

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

It's likely that ya ISP has more ppl connectin' to it and if they havn't changed the number of modems that they have then ya speed will drop.

Yeah, that seems ta be most everyones opinion--something with the ISP, phone line, etc., and ya'll are probaly right. It don't seem quite the problem in a local ISP with just a couple hundred subscribers, but I was just curious. THX.

The Dog
    You Don't Know Me. I Am Not Here. I Do Not Exist. (Witness Protection)

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Thread Information