Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIAA Hit List

With all the talk of the RIAA and the US Congressional idiots of late, some might be interested to see a purported Hit List of user names that will be in line to be sued. It is being reported that these users' ISP will be receiving a subpoena regarding their alleged activities.

It seems to me that if the morons who run the RIAA would spend the time and resources used in this venture to come up with a reasonable alternative to P2P that is easy and affordable, then this stupid action would be totally unnecessary. :idea:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

where might we see this list :?:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    where might we see this list :?:
    already afraid of something? :laugh: :laugh:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

lol

me? no, but I know some people that should be

The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Whats really hillarious about that list is that Kazaa user names are NOT unique. Do they really think they're gonna get the only Jeff@Kazaa?? Rofl.. hahahahahhaha and what about the Kazaa lite user at the bottom? Thats like 20 million people ROFL HAHAHAHAHHA... Its Incompetence to the end for the RIAA. Their last breath is drawing closer.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Thanks Mr C.
    It was late last night right before bed when I posted and I forgot the link. I find it entertaining, though, that the RIAA is actually persuing this concept. Seems they need to justify their big salaries. :rofl:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    Whats really hillarious about that list is that Kazaa user names are NOT unique. Do they really think they're gonna get the only Jeff@Kazaa?? Rofl.. hahahahahhaha and what about the Kazaa lite user at the bottom? Thats like 20 million people ROFL HAHAHAHAHHA... Its Incompetence to the end for the RIAA. Their last breath is drawing closer.
    Glad to lend a hand Darthtanion - I'm feeling just like that myself tonight.

zeradul - the article states that the IP's and shared lists of those non-unique users have been collected as well.
    I don't think it will be too difficult to determine which user is being charged.

Although, I have read accounts that some universities have already refused compliance with the subpeonas, citing student rights to privacy violations.

we're still a long way from a clean sweep.
    I'm guessing we see some new P2P methods coming along shortly, ie. encryption and or tunneling for example.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Of you could try the new one, Blubster, which claims it makes users 100% anonymous. Even if it doesn't, the RIAA will take 2 years to catch on to it.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

some new versions of Kazaa Lite/K++ have started blocking RIAA IP addresses...or so it claims

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information