Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Bahamut casts Firewall

Interesting releases going on in the personal firewall scene at the moment. I dunno how long its been out, but Sygate have released v5 of their awesome firewall and I must say- im impressed. (well, I was always impressed with sygate, so im moreso impressed)

Zonealarm have beta 3 out and about, but I havent gotten a chance to try it out as of yet. The old version was plagued with some bugs and backdoors that threw me off and onto Sygate. If anyone is running it, does that, uh, naughty program still bypass it?
    and does it have better LAN firewall options?

cause im setting up a small permanent lan in the house we are moving into and I wanna firewall up the broadband connection that we are hopefully getting installed asap. Sygate is looking to fill those boots, but ZA has had some good options from day one...dont wanna overlook it.

so lemme know how v3 is looking

I gave that beta 3 version of ZA ago for a few days but I uninstalled it as it just kept sucking up resources and wouldn't let them go so I just went back to the normal free version. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I have used sygate before and ZA. I had the same problem as Wiggo with ZA (sucking resources). I liked Sygate but it didn't like a FTP program I wrote for myself. So I went hardware.

Thread Information