Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phone dsl or high speed cable??

hello,
    i'm wondering which is better, my high speed cable from time warner, or the sbc dsl phone line service? dsl is 15.00 month cheaper and i'm thinking of switching...............thanks, brian

i believe cable is generally faster, but needs a dedicated phone line, where as ADSL (Asynchronious Digital Subscribers Line) doesnt, allowing phone and data connections simultaneously.

thats a factor to consider...., also how much speed your after etc....:confused:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

3. Default

You dont need a phone line for cable but time warner down here sux...so its up to u

well my current hookup is through the cable company (coax type cable), and it screams! but i was thinking about the sbc(ameritec) phoneline dsl they show on tv ads now, and wonder if its generally as fast as cable, or what. they claim its about the same but......?

recent I had to make a choice between SBC dsl and ComCast Cable ....I ended up choosing Cable and I'm glad I did. At the time I did some research on both and the more I read about SBC and it's dsl service the less I liked. I don't know about time warner service, but I'm willing to bet you will be happier with it over sbc's dsl ...besides, AFAIK cable is usually a better option anyway
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I too use cable and am greatly pleased with it. I had a buddy who decided to go with SBC DSL service because of the costs involved... he changed back to cable in under a month.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I have been really pleased with the support from SBC with there DSL.
    ThermalTake Blue side window case
    7x 80mm fans 2050 rpm
    MB i875P 5P1A4D IC7 ABIT ATX
    CPU P4 2.4CGHz 800M 478P/512K HT RT
    DDR 2x256 MB TWINX 512-3200LLPT COR RT
    KB LOGITECH|OPTICAL DESKTOP BLK
    FD 1.44MB MITSUMI
    CPU FAN INTEL P4 SPARK7+ A1715 RT
    CDRW LITEON 52X32X52X LTR-52327S BK
    ETHRNT LINKSYS|LNE100TX 10/100 v5.1
    MAXTOR 160gb 8MB Cache
    FX 5600 Ultra
    19in CRT View Sonic w/ ultra bright

drenader has attached this image:

I've never seen dsl, but everytime it rains it seems that adsl goes bye bye.

9. Default

dsl goes bye bye when it rains? dag that'd suck lol....its pooring here now, yet again...

ok, thanks people!! think i'll stay with cable.........thanks for the input:cheers:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information