Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: port forwarding question...

Beefy Guest

More to the point, you shouldn't even need to be doing this. You only should have to open up a port in your firewall if you are serving something to the rest of the internet, not if you want to join a game. There's something else wrong.. which I was hinting at earlier.

Yeah. You should be able to run CS through a router with no problems. You can try connecting your computer directly to the modem and skip the router alltogether and see if that fixes it.

i have no clue whats wrong....

but connectiong directly to the modem kinda defeats the wireless purpose :(

hmmmmmm.............anyone got any ideas on anything to try??? cause im running short on them now

Beefy Guest

I'd hook it up directly just to see if it worked as Sovereignty said. It might eliminate the whole wireless setup, but at least it will give us some idea of where the problem lies...

time to go cable hunting then.....need a long one :)

Default Re: port forwarding question...

I have a similar problem, but this has happened ever since I first got my ambit cable modem/router. Although I am directly connected to my modem, have no firewall up (I uninstalled it recently) and have no firewall on my modem, I still cannot connect to most online games, including CS, Starcraft: Brood War and BGII:SoA. I can, however, connect to Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, which puzzles me. I can't say I'm a newb to comps by far, but I admit that I have no clue what the hell's wrong.

Question Re: port forwarding question...

Hallo i have the same problem with my ambit wireless router (60740EUW) only that i do not have the option for port forwarding. The option i have are <TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right>RADIUS Server</TD><TD><INPUT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dedede" disabled maxLength=15 size=15 value=192.168.0.10 name=RadiusServer></TD></TR><TR><TD align=right>RADIUS Port</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I tried already to alter the information on my frirewall ports so that i have the port i would like to use in all of them but it doesn't work does anyone have a idea why or what can i do if nothing works i'll go back to my netgear wireless router

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information