Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Win98 networking

Hi,
    I have broadband and have connected a linksys router to my cable modem and then have a few pcs connected to that to create a LAN. However 1 of the pcs runs on win98(which i want to keep on that pc). The problem is that none of the other pcs can be seen in the 'my network connections' folder, nor can the other pcs access the win98 pc. However all of them can access the internet, they just can't share files with the win98 folder.
    Can anyone help?

did you enable file and folder sharing on win98? it's been so long since I've used 98 that I can't remember how to do it, but I'm sure one of the many members here that still do can fill you in.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

XP creates a network disk which is needed for 98 to play nice.
    actually its a file netsetup.exe
    It probably says so in the links posted abouve, but I always hate clicking over :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    XP creates a network disk which is needed for 98 to play nice.
    actually its a file netsetup.exe
    It probably says so in the links posted abouve, but I always hate clicking over :rolleyes2
    Indeed the second one goes into that as the main topic:)
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information