Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant Dialup Disconnects

Okies tonight I keep gettin disconnected, whenever I put 100% use on my dialup connection. Im also only connecting at 31.2 or 33.6, compared to normally 45.2 Ive tried removing modem etc, other phone jacks/cables. Also, I pretty much know how decent Im going to perform based on my ISP's IP's and im getting IP's that I know to be good, and consistent. So is it me, or like I think, my ISP?

Hmm, it's been a while since I've been on dial up, but I feel your pain. I could never get a decent speed and was lucky to get 28.8 connections.

For me it came down to lousy phone lines. It wasn't my ISP or my modem, just old, noisey , congested phone lines.

Try some of the tools at Broadband Reports and see if there are any problems with your Telco.

When ya pick up the phone on the line that ya use for ya dailup do ya get a static/crackle sound from it? :?:

Whatever was wrong (ISP) has been fixed now :cheers:

Damn, its not the ISP. Im gettin this in my Event Veiwer everytime i get a disonnect

Anyone:shrug:

Well,

Found this after doing a search for your error.

CAUSE This error message is caused by an error condition in a COM+ component that is related to Microsoft Windows Messenger and Microsoft MSN Messenger.
    RESOLUTION To resolve this issue, upgrade to Windows Messenger 4.6 or later or MSN Messenger 4.6 or later. For the original Message go the Microsoft knowlage Base look upn Article -319590. here's the link http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;319590
    Not sure if it's the exact same error as you are having though....the link does lead to an MS KB article on Event Error ID 4354 though..

Someone else suggested it had to do with NVidia's NView and the error went away after they disabled it.

Post again if this doesn't help.

No go :mad:

Beefy Guest

What happens if you connect from another computer?

Well I cant connect with a different PC here,but IVe tried all the phone jacks and other cables. My nextdoor neighbor is connecting at the regular 45.2k without a problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information