Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Which is the Best Router?

Hey guys! Is there anyone here knows of which is the best router i can get for USB ADSL?

I know that DRAYTEK is good i even i suggest it to the other post i replied, but what i'm looking for is some sort of reviews. So if you know any, thanks in advance.!!!!

Beefy Guest

Router for USB ADSL? No.

Yah, co'z my ADSL comes with a USB Modem. So i need a ADSL Router that supports USB

most bb modems have options for both ethernet and usb. if you have an rj45 port it will make this much easier
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Who is you ISP? Don't tell me SBCyahoo...(If it is, your modem probably looks like a stingray, I bet)

And who is the maker and model of your modem?

Chez

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    Yah, co'z my ADSL comes with a USB Modem. So i need a ADSL Router that supports USB
    What I was getting at is that there are no routers (that I'm aware of) that support USB modems. Like the other guys are suggesting, check and see if you modem also supports Ethernet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chezman29
    Who is you ISP? Don't tell me SBCyahoo...(If it is, your modem probably looks like a stingray, I bet)

And who is the maker and model of your modem?

Chez
    My ISP is BT Broadband, and the Modem they sent me is the green flat fish looking thingy. It was made by Alcatel.

The modem they sent is absolutely similar to this one
    here http://www.tagware.co.uk/USB_Firewall.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    What I was getting at is that there are no routers (that I'm aware of) that support USB modems. Like the other guys are suggesting, check and see if you modem also supports Ethernet.
    Nope! your wrong! there is a Router that supprt a USB Modem.

http://www.tagware.co.uk/USB_Firewall.htm

Draytek Vigor 2200 USB supports it. But so far this is the only i have seen, thats why I'm asking if is there any other router manufacturers that support it other Draytek.

i got hold of a Alcatel modem; it had a ethernet cable going into a converter which changed it from cat5 to USB. i managed to change the DSL modem into a router through some tinkerin around.

maybe if you got a converter somehow?
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Thread Information