Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: telstra adsl customers - free downloads!

for all you Telstra ADSL customers out there (probably not a great lot), they are offering FREE (yes thats right, FREE!) downloads for the upcoming weekend.

this is due to them upgrading the broadband infrastructure for "future broadband growth".

from Friday 5th @ 5.00pm all through to Sunday 7th 'about midday' no downloads you get will count to your monthly allowance.

Telstra also apologised for any inconveniece....lol this isnt such a bad thing. check your bigpond email for more details.

so get downloading guys! its all free!!! :woot: :woot: :D
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

ya'll have a limit on how much you can download? I feel for ya... It's pretty much unlimited over here.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Beefy Guest

And Telstra people suffer more than most. :) When you got a 20GB cap, you don't usually worry too much...

yeah Telstra are pretty bad at that sorta thing. Like there are other ISP's around here that will offer a 8gb/month (512/128) for around $80 aus.

where as Telstra charge a 3gb/month (512/128) for $94.95 aus. it is absolutely ridiculous. also their service isnt as good as some of the others and various other little things we dont have access to.

im not sure whether ADSL download speeds are affected by the no. of users online, but its time to cut sick.
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

oh yeah i missed, this is what they have on their website:

:confused: :thumbs do

if they are so bad, why don't you change to a new ISP?

*you really don't want to know what I'm getting for $30 (US) a month ;)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

telstra charge a hefty fee if you want to cancel your contract.

so in my case its ($440 x 6)/18 = $293.33...i dont have 300 dollars around unfortunately .

6 being how long ive been in the contract, and 18 being the contract length.

:mad:

Beefy Guest

A friend of mine was just telling me he was in COGS (A game lobby chat thing that is run by Telstra)... Everyone's all excited about what they are gonna start downloading. :rolleyes2

I don't do too bad here. I pay US$40 ($54.46AUD... conversion is pretty good right now) for a 3000/256 connection. We do, however, have a download limit, but I usually don't come close to my 6GB/month.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Australia's internet is really lacking compared to the world. :thumbs do

Thread Information